Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cough, Sneeze, Cough, Tennessee Valley - AGAIN!

This weekend the team returned to Tennessee Valley. We were scheduled for our first Marathon University after the run and the Cabin had been rented for our use. The team ran the same course as last week but we started about 1.5 miles away from the starting point of last week, thus adding an additonal three miles to the overall run. Overall, the team probably ran close to 12 miles. I say the team, because I didn't really run WITH the team this week. I had been sick all week with the cold and cough that has been going around and ended up at the dr on Friday. I felt like crap, but I still pulled myself out of bed at 5:30am, put on my running gear and instead of running, I walked about 8.5 miles. I felt great the entire walk, but the coughing appeared afterwards. I felt like the pariah of the Ultra team and had to excuse my self a few times to "cough it out"!

I am so looking forward to getting back to running again this week. I feel much better today and lifted weights and did 40 minutes on the stairmaster today. If my chest is clear tomorrow I am going to do a nice, LONG run!Looking forward to our team run next Saturday at Inspiration Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment