Wow, I was looking back at my running log for this past year, which began in March 2009 and from that time to the end of 2009 I logged 844 miles. That is approximately 80,000+ extra calories burned from exercise alone. I hate to think what I would look like right now had I not been running this past year.
2010 is going to be a great running year for me, I just know it is. My biggest and long term goal for the year is to run my first ultramarathon, the Skyline 50K (31 miles). I have officially decided to join TNT's first ultramarathon team and I have been training in earnest for the past few weeks to get my mileage up and to engage in more hill and trail running to build my strength on the hills.
This past weekend I ran about 12.5 miles at Skyline gate with our coach and a friend and it was amazing. (Lest, I forget to mention that I had also done a 9 mile trail run just two days before this). I had so much fun. Sounds silly, but all those ridiculously steep hills, the roots, rocks and mud made me feel like a little kid again. It was a really hard and difficult run and my quads were so sore for the next three days afterward, I felt crippled, but I am doing it again this weekend. The most amazing thing is that running on the softer surface seems to have resolved, at least temporarily, the issues I was having with the nerve in my left foot. I am keeping my fingers crossed on that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment