Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tennessee Valley and the Lake Chabot Trail Challenge 1/2 marathon


2 weeks ago after the marathon I ended up taking about 5-6 days off running. My body felt like it needed a rest and my chest muscle was still hurting a bit (and still continues to hang on, however, it is about 90% better today).

After these days off, the weekend arrived and Kim and I decided to get in a run at Tennessee Valley. The majority of the team traveled to Auburn, CA to attend the Western States training camp, but I couldn't, just couldn't in my heart, ask Michael to attend to the kids all weekend. He has already done so much for me to allow me to run as much as I do - he would have if I had asked, but I didn't want to take advantage.
I snapped two great pics at Tennessee Valley so I hope you can see the beauty of where I have been getting to run. This is along the coastline in Marin and if you were to continue along this coastline you would continue out towards Stinson Beach, etc. It is gorgeous. We got in about 11 miles and explored a few new paths during the day too.
This last weekend I was unable to attend our team training at Mt. Diablo due to a birthday party that Matthew was invited to, but I did run the Lake Chabot Trail Challenge 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) on Sunday. It is a challenging but great local run about 25 minutes from the house. It was so much fun and I felt really great during the run even though my diet from the day before consisted of what would not exactly be called "proper pre-race nutrition" At the birthday party I had pizza, ice cream, cake and then we went to Chick Fil A for dinner and I had french fries and a chick-fil-a. Oh, did I also forget to mention the sweet tea:) Anyway, I had a great run despite eating like an idiot and it was a good day.
This upcoming weekend is another long run 22 miles or so, but I have to do water stop duty, therefore, I think I am just going to sign up for a trail run with the Coastal group and do a run with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment